KONE is proud to be ranked among the top 100 most sustainable companies globally and the only escalator, elevator, and moving walkways company in the ranking. The KONE TransitMaster™ 140 has achieved an A+++ energy performance certificate based on ISO standards. Our eco-efficient escalator and moving walkways use high-efficiency motors that minimize energy consumption at full speed.
Installing our eco-efficient escalators can help you achieve green building accreditations. For example, our escalator and moving walkway solutions can contribute to LEED certification. Our escalators are equipped with sensor devices and automation so that it operates on standby mode, contributing to BREEAM certification.
- Smart operational modes and an inverter optimize escalator energy consumption under different load conditions
- Long lasting escalator LED lighting is up to 80% more efficient than fluorescent lighting and lasts up to 10 times longer
- An energy efficient inverter for moving stairs provides smooth speed regulation during standby operation and minimizes energy consumption at full speed
- The optional regenerative technology for electric stairs cuts power consumption by recycling energy and feeding it back into the system
- The lubrication-free pallet chain saves oil, reduces chain wear, and decreases fire risk